2nd Line IT Support Technician
Contact: Adam Cash
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Are you interested in working for an ambitious managed service provider with excellent opportunities for progression and personal development?
We are a growing managed service provider, serving over 75 businesses and 1,500 people in the West Midlands. We are looking for an experienced 2nd Line IT Support Technician to join our Support Team at Superfast IT.
You should have at least one year of experience in a similar role and excel in delivering excellent customer service.
Role and responsibilities
- Troubleshooting customer IT issues remotely and on-site
- Server back-up checks and proactive maintenance
- System configuration and repair
- User access and security administration
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Maintaining accurate records and documentation
- Prioritising workload and working well under pressure
- Following, maintaining, and enhancing standard operating procedures
Person specification and technical experience
- Excellent Problem Solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent understanding Windows Operating Systems and experience of supporting them.
- Good networking skills and understanding of TCP/IP, router configuration, DHCP, DNS etc.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies; Office 365 in particular.
- Good Windows Server Administration skills.
- Good knowledge of Security requirements and best practices.
The role will require occasional travel to customers sites, so you must hold a current driving licence, and have your own properly insured vehicle.
If you're the kind of person who loves to provide excellent customer service, who is a team player, who is organised, and pays attention to detail, you could be a good fit for this role. We are fast-paced and growing, so you'll need to be oriented towards personal growth and continuous improvement too.
The role requires a quick learner who can retain technical knowledge. Good logical reasoning and problem-solving skills are essential. Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary. You'll be in the habit of planning, working methodically, and following established processes when required, but thinking for yourself when the situation requires it. You'll also be in the practice of documenting your work as you go.
Does this sound like you? Or do you know someone that fits the role?
- Challenging work
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career development
- A competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- An excellent working environment
- Mobile phone and mileage allowance
- Family friendly organisation
- Focus on wellbeing
- Welcome ex-military applicants as part of the Armed Forces Covenant
Send across your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.